Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It is too early to think of a title, do it yourself.

It has been a long week for me. I have been working diligently on my novel, trying to stay up with my 1667 words a day. Unfortunately, I took Thursday off from writing to spend time with my pillow (in a purely platonic way…this time). I took Friday and Saturday off as well. Last count I am over five thousand words behind. The only chance I get to really write is after everyone else goes to bed. Usually by that time I am exhausted. Playing with G-man, baby-sitting Pixie, being lazy, it’s all very hard work and I have just been a little overwhelmed by it all. But I won’t give up. I will catch back up and finish what I started. I just need to find the time and motivation to get moving on this project.
I think the stress of wrapping up the season with my company is starting to get to me as well. I have worked for the same small company for, well, all of my twenties. The job isn’t spectacular and I often feel like I am slowly dying inside and wasting my life working for them, but the pay is steady, so why leave? The really nice thing about this job is the fact that I am a landscaper who makes salary. This means that in the winter I can stay home and still collect my pay. Of course, I have to plow every odd time it snows, including Christmas morning. Anyway, the stress of trying of find a new job is creeping over me, and I am handling this situation like I do all other stressful situations, ignoring it. I should have been looking for a new job for a month now, but instead have decided to start a blog, write a novel and spend money that I really shouldn’t.
The stress doesn’t care what I do it will find it’s way to me. Last week I was getting these dizzy spells. Every time I would stand up too fast, or move my head too quickly from side to side I would lose my balance, my vision would blur and I would have to sit down. I handle physical ailments like I handle stress, by ignoring it. Like the time My Brother and I were getting passport photos taken and I had a lump the size of an Osage orange in my throat from an infection. Yeah, I waited for it to go away. It eventually did. I think my balance problem could have been stress, but was more likely an inner ear infection, or a brain tumor. Either way I feel fine now. Once again my ‘wait and see’ philosophy worked. I have not been to see a doctor since I was eighteen, and I hardly ever get sick. Coincidence? Besides, doesn’t everyone have big lumps their armpits?
I know every thing will work out fine, it always does. Until then, I will continue to freak out.


On a more upbeat note, my son has achieved several milestones this week. First he stood up all on his own, like a big boy. Pixie got to cover this since I took our trip to Maumee Bay, so go check out my son standing over at her Temple. I got so excited when I first saw him do it I think I farted a little. Okay, I fart all the time no big deal. But I still was excited. Now I have to learn to put the crib railing back up so he doesn’t fall out for a fifth time.
Second, he got his first tooth! Look out baby biscuits here we come! We have been expecting this tooth for a long time. We thought he was cutting teeth at four months old. Turns out we were just new parents.
I can’t believe how fast he is growing up. Before you know it I will be taking him to see whatever popular and annoying kid show they have at the local convention center. Disney on ice, or Rent or whatever the kids like now a days. I can’t wait.

Okay, back to the novel.

11 comments:

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Now I have to learn to put the crib railing back up so he doesn’t fall out for a fifth time.

When CSB comes to our door I'm directing them to you.

On second thought, maybe I should be the one to talk to them. You know, to keep the blame off me.

Mel said...

I had dizzy spells, they did bloodwork and the next thing I know I am diabetes medicine and a special diet! So maybe you should have it checked out if it continues?? Just sayin... :)

I waited a whole week for a new post from you and you had me laughing! I laughed so hard I think I farted a little LOL

I enjoyed the pics of the trip too, I missed that post before.

JQ said...

Amanda-What he hell do I know about kids musicals?

Pixie- If the CSB shows up I'm running for it.

Mel- I like to think it's just an inner ear infection...or a brain tumor.

Bob said...

This post made me fart a little. Ok, it was a really big fart. Maybe it was lunch and not the post. Either way...

Don't go to the doctor. If Mel hadn't gone she wouldn't be diabetic right now. Besides, my doctor keeps telling me I'm dieing, he just doesn't know when. I don't need to hear that shit.

JQ said...

Nobody- I agree, doctors make people sick. Besides I don't have health insurance, so...

Anonymous said...

WELL JQ I THINK YOUR DAD MUST HAVE LEFT YOUR CRIB RAILING DOWN AND NOW YOU ARE HAVING FLASHBACKS IN THE FORM OF DIZZY SPELLS BUT I STILL LOVE YA KID POP P

JQ said...

Pop P- You know I do have an unfounded fear of heights. Maybe I did fall out of my crib and hit my head. It would explain a lot...

Oh yeah, welcome back!

egan said...

Congrats to G-Boy for hitting his milestones. That's good stuff and damn fun to observe.

I see you didn't make the NaMoBlogHo thing. I'm sorry.

Tai said...

If he falls out of his crib again watch out! There'll go that first tooth!

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

tai—He didn't really fall out of his crib. Sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well in type.

JQ said...

Egan- I am barely doing the NaNoWriMo. It's really hard to find time.

Tai- Do you think I should stop drinking while I put him to bed?

Pixie- You got my back?