Saturday, January 5, 2008

Nothing from Nothing

I was finally tagged by someone. Well it wasn't someone it was Nobody. I squawked like a little girl because I have always wanted to be tagged. So here you are people of the blog-o-sphere, seven inane facts about yours truly.


1.When I was younger I used to stick tweezers into the electrical outlets at my parents house. I swear I melted a few of them without so much as a burnt finger. That might help in explaining my odd behavior.

2. Sometimes at night I like to fart and then pull the covers over my head.

3. I almost cut my finger off changing a lawn mower blade at work. About a year later I hit the same finger with a sledgehammer and had to have plastic surgery to reattach the tendon. I postponed the operation for four days so Pixie and I could go see Tom Petty in concert. After the concert we went to Drummond Island for vacation. I never took the pain killers save for recreation.

4. I own one six string guitar, one twelve string guitar, one baritone ukulele, one soprano ukulele, one bass, three electric guitars, one violin, two mouth harps, one washboard, one set of drums, one keyboard and a four track.

5. All my post titles are either song titles or snippets of lyrics from songs.

6. I had a pet cat from the time I was twelve until two years ago. He was oddly intelligent. I swear he was an alien sent to observe humans.

7. I am twenty-nine years old and still sing Space Ghost songs to my wife. She sings along.

I will not be tagging anybody else because Nobody and I pretty much read the same seven people and he already tagged them. Fucker.

20 comments:

Bob said...

You're welcome.

JQ said...

Nobody- I just used that excuse because I don't even have seven people that read my blog.

Alex said...

You just made me scour my room for those Space Ghost CDs, but I found them. Talk about musical genius.

JQ said...

Alex- Right up there with Michael Nesmith and Raffi.
Dee der down dee der down....

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

"Hey funky baby..."

"I've eaten meatballs in Sweden and porkchops in Peru, but all it did, all it did, all it did, was remind me of youuuuuu"

JQ said...

Pixie- Put your sox on Momma now....

Anonymous said...

Re: Instruments

I've only got the 1 six-string, a soproano uke that I bought in Kauai and that's made from Koa wood, a set of bongos, a "C" harmonica that I can sort of play, and one juice harp that I just love.

Next up, a piano or keyboard.

I, too, save my prescription painkillers for recreational use. I just take tylenol for the pain. Is that against the law, or just immoral? I don't think it's illegal becuase they were, in fact, prescribed to me.

JQ said...

TF- Illegal? Immoral? Who cares! I was on vacation and at a Tom Petty Concert. It would be wrong not to have one with a beer.

Lynda said...

If it weren't for the link, I would not know what Space Ghost was.

JQ said...

Lynda- Glad to broaden your dorky late sixties kid's cartoon turned modern dorky adult musical act horizons.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Hydrocodone and beer. Don't ever let anyone tell you that they don't mix. From experience, it's like peanut butter and jelly...

JQ said...

I don't remember much....

Naynayfazz said...

What songs are from Space Ghost? Maybe I should go to You Tube or something and check it out.

#2 must be a guy thing.

JQ said...

Naynayfazz- Whew! I thought it was just a me thing!

egan said...

I can play a wicked guitar.. on the Wii. Actually that's not true at all. I'm rather shitty at GH III, Guitar Hero for those uninformed types.

Losing digits to a lawnmower is the mark of a true man. Take a step forward.

JQ said...

Egan- Oh, I didn't lose it brother....and that is the sign of a true man....who needs to be more careful.

With you I don't know what to believe anymore.:)

egan said...

Truth: me shitty at guitar on the Wii and in real life. Truth: buddy that chopped off a finger while using a lawnmower.

False: nothing

I'm the real deal yo. Your smiley face means you were teasing me right? I'm down with emoticons.

JQ said...

Egan- I am not ashamed of using a colon and a parentheses. I will not, however, use a semi-colon and a parentheses. No winking.

Anonymous said...

Billy Preston! I heard this song on Sunday and I was boppin in the car like a 70's pimp. Very good song. I wonder why I've never heard it before.

JQ said...

TF- I always thought you would make a good 70's pimp.
I recorded the beginning of that song as a ring tone. Every time it rings, everyone sings along.