Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Momma's gonna keep Baby healthy and clean."

Today is Mothers Day. Back when we had a rabbit I would cut out a crooked little heart, glue some sparkles to the front, scratch my name on the back and write “Happy Mommy’s Day” smack dab in the middle. Rabbits, as we all are aware, aren't very good artists so I was lucky enough not to have to work too hard. This year I finally don’t have to get my wife anything….G-man is on his own. However I will say:

For hand growing our child with out the use of pesticides, and making him turn out perfect, Happy Mothers Day.

For enduring through twenty hours of excruciating natural labor, only to have a giant needle shoved in your back, your abdomen sliced open and our child pulled out, Happy Mothers Day.

For selflessly sacrificing your body in order to grow our little boy, Happy Mothers Day.

For staying up all night long in the Hospital for three days in a row to make sure our little boy was still breathing, Happy mothers Day.

For Loving me enough to want to have my child, Happy Mothers Day.

For all the times you have cleaned up poopie diapers, wiped boogers up with your bare hands, stayed up all night with G-man, listened to my whining, cleaned the living room after a hard day, comforted us with your gentle touch, Happy Mothers Day.

For all the times you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to make G-man and I feel comfortable, Happy Mothers Day.

We love you Mommy!

(That's Louie the elephant with his mom. I thought it was a nice sentiment.)

And to my own Mother: Even though you don’t have a computer and will probably never read this blog, I love you mommy, you rock!

And to my mother-in-law: you did a great job raising Pixie and even though I find it awkward to call you mom, I love you just the same. Happy mothers day!

And to my other mother-in-law: I love you too, you crazy yooper you! Happy mothers day!

5 comments:

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Now I'm crying. Thanks.

JQ said...

Pixie- I love you.

The Ferryman said...

You two guys are SOOOO lucky to have her.

Naynayfazz said...

Pixie rocks! She is one heck of a mother. I actually mean mother too. Don't be starting rumors telling Pixie I was cursing at her in the comments. k?

JQ said...

Fab-o - You ain't kidding! I can't wait to get my fathers day plumbkin.

Naynay- To late... I did not read all the way through your comment before running off to tell her and boy is she mad!