Friday, May 9, 2008

"Any road will take you there"

I had a very exciting day yesterday. I spent all day at orientation at a local University. I am going back to school to get a degree in music. More specifically music education.
A lot has been going on in my life lately, and I finally decided to pursue the dream I have had since I was a kid. Of course back then I wanted to be a rock star, but the point is I love music and I want to be involved somehow. If I can get other people to appreciate music as much as I do, I will have made that difference in the world I always thought I would make.
Why shouldn't I pursue my dream? I will only be here for so long, and hopefully am not coming back, so now is the time.
There is a long hard road in front of me and I would be lying if I said I was not a little scared. This is my dream. I will live it.

10 comments:

Bob said...

I congratulate you, dude! I think you have made a very wise choice, and one that will bring you happiness.

I'm too much of a chicken shit to go back to school to get my engineering degree, instead I'll stay with the comfort zone that is my dead-end government job. Besides, I hope to retire from full time employment in just 22 more years, assuming it doesn't kill me.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

I'm so proud of you.
And so excited for you.
And maybe just a wee bit jealous.

You rock. Make it happen baby.

Lynda said...

Way to go! If you follow your dreams, you should have no regrets!

Tim said...

awesome

Naynayfazz said...

JQ- You are my hero! I am so happy for you. I have 2 1/2 years of a music degree and wish I finished it. Someday I plan to. I cannot wait to read about your progress. Seriously dude, congrats!!!!!

Mel said...

this si SO freaking Great!!! I am thrilled for you!!! BUT remember to post blogs when you are knee deep in homework ok??

I think everyone should live their dream.

JQ said...

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. I will be accepting donations to the "JQ's College Fund", just contact me via email and I will tell you where to send the money.

Anonymous said...

Too awesome. This is you.

BTW, I broke out my Uke yesterday. My daughter wants it because it's a little gutiar. I let her play it and she almost popped a string. (Also, my word verification is koaxrlg, and my uke is made of koa, so that's cool and serendipitous.)

Good luck. Keep us all updated! You rock!

I'd send money, but I don't have any. I'll just send good karma.

JQ said...

TF- Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words.

I think you and I would be good friends in the "real world".

Silicone Alley said...

WOW--Congrats on following your dreams. Not an easy thing to do, you are very brave. Honesetly!