Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Thoughts for Friday

Did I say Friday? I meant Saturday. I started writing this post seventeen hours ago and just sat back down to finish my rant.

First of all, congratulations to Al Gore on winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Apparently they hand it out if you cash in enough frequent-flyer miles. If you want to talk about global climate change being caused by man, well here is the man doing it. In fact, Bigfoot and Sheryl Crow should start a save the planet tour and call it the "Hey look at me. No really, look at me. I'm saving the planet by using all the resources before you stupid hoi polloi have a chance. So look at me. Please."

Am I the only one who is tired of having these hypocritical elitists' spewing on how the general public should conserve and recycle? I was conserving resources and practicing the three R's long before it became a designer trend. It's called being poor. But not only poor, having a conscience. Now all the sudden some billionaire decides to rouse the ignorant masses by saying the sky is falling and he is a hero?

Don't get me wrong I think that he is passionate about his cause. I admire the guy's gusto. He is trying to do what he thinks is right. Though what his cause exactly is and why he deserves what I thought was an eminent award I have no idea. I mean, how the hell is a fictional movie, based on skewed reality a benefit to humanity? I would further question the Swedes definition of Noble Laureate but I am reminded of Alfred and his gift to humanity. Let's all say it together (like Jimi Walker) "Dyn-O-Mite"!

Is the earth warming, probably. Has it done this before? Yes. Go to the other extreme and we have ice ages. Earth's climate changes. I have another inconvenient truth for you all; the sun is going to explode... in about a billion years. It's terminal. I guess that's our fault for not getting those spots checked.

So far as reactions to winning this once revered prize, this lady has it right.


Second, let me thank Mattel, China and the U.S for trying to kill us all with lead paint. Next time don't be a bunch of pantie-waists, use a lethal dose. Speaking of recalls, is it just the media creating and perpetuating hysteria through these "recall stories" or does no one know how to make a worthwhile product that won't cause cancer or kill us?

I blame the unions. The unions and the imperial capitalist pigs. Unions, imperial capitalist pigs, and Rosie O'Donnell. Yeah, that about covers that.


C, how is it that someone can buy a gun and think that it's a good idea to give it to their disgruntled son. Oh yeah, and junior, I have one word for you, "salad".

When I was younger, we settled each other's hash with a good old fashioned fist-a-cuffs after school; two guys beating the hell out of each other without the permanence of death or life in a psyche ward. I guess I am being a romantic, but those seemed like such simpler times.

Times when the Earth wasn't melting, and Rosie O'Donnell wasn't trying to poison us.

11 comments:

egan said...

So how do you really feel about Al Gore and global warming?

The Ferryman said...

This is the first time I have seen a post that contained both the words "gusto" and "hash".

It feels very much like I thought it might.

Anonymous said...

I think you are so right... I was stupified when I read that news... I mean WTF?

JQ said...

Egan- Well, no sir, I don't like it.

Mr. Fabulous— Hey I had the moxy, so I figured I would shoot for the moon.

Dutchy— It's like a kangaroo in a pumpkin patch, it just doesn't make any sense.

Bob said...

Didn't AlGore invent blogging? Or just the internet?

Yes, the earth has been warming for millions of years. I think its a little arrogant of man to believe we are the cause of it.

Anonymous said...

I am still a little on the fence about whether or not we are the cause. However, Gore has been championing this stuff since he was VP, so he had been interested in the environment long before it was fashionable.

JQ said...

I am not taking away from his fight against "global warming", but to actually win a Nobel Peace Prize? Come on.

Tim said...

That crazy gun kid lives 5 minutes from me.

If Al Gore didn't invent the internet, then kids wouldn't have access to information on how to make bombs and it's the bombs and guns that are so hot that cause the globe to get warm. So in essence Global Warming is all Al Gore's fault.

Lynda said...

I'm still wondering if he fixed his house.

egan said...

I can tell you don't like it. I will leave it at that.

JQ said...

Tim- Welcome to my small corner of the internet.
Sorry to hear about your lunatic neighborhood.

Lynda-He installed low wattage light bulbs and is somehow earning some sort of carbon credits to offset his usage. I don't know for sure, but he most likely has cleaned up his act. Practice what you preach, I say.
I wish I could afford all the up-to-date energy saving technology in my house. Get off the grid.

Egan- OK, thank you. I was wondering when you were going to drop it...Geez.